Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a bowl, soak dates in warm water for at least 2 hours to soften; drain.
2. In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine dates, milk, cacao powder, chia seeds, honey, peppermint extract and salt until silky smooth. (TIP: For an even smoother texture, grind chia before adding to the blender.)
3. Divide mixture evenly into 4 small Mason jars or ramekins, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. If using, garnish with mint leaves and dried cranberries arranged to look like holly for a holiday effect.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories 340
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 73 mg
- Sugar Content 38 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g