Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more desserts here.
- Prepare crust: In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients and process for 3 minutes, until mixture sticks together and forms a large single mass. Line a 9-inch round pie pan with parchment paper on bottom and up the sides. Press crust mixture into pan; use your fingers to press it in firmly, pushing up the edges of the pan to form the crust’s edge. Transfer to freezer to set.
- Meanwhile, prepare mousse: Using an electric hand or stand mixer, beat coconut cream on high until very smooth, about 1 minute. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, ½ tsp vanilla and salt and beat on high for 1 minute more. Remove crust from freezer and spread peanut butter mousse evenly inside crust, then return to freezer to set for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare drizzle: In a medium saucepan on medium-high, mix together coconut milk and coconut sugar. Bring just to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium or low so that mixture stays at a gentle simmer. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s reduced by about half and turned a rich, deep brown. Remove from heat and vigorously stir in 1 tsp vanilla and coconut oil. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, remove pie from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle sliced pie with caramel sauce. Pie can be stored in freezer for up to 1 month; caramel sauce keeps in a tightly covered container for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size 1/14 pie
- Calories 394
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 32 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 18 g
- Sodium Content 42 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g