Find 5 Super Bowl Snacks here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 25 squaresServings
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour (TRY: King Arthur Almond Flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp organic unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (70% or greater)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides.
- Prepare crust: In a food processor, blend 3 tbsp coconut sugar, flours and cocoa powder until combined. Add butter and pulse until a fine crumb forms, 5 to 7 pulses. Press into prepared pan and bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer on medium-high, beat eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, salt and remaining 5 tbsp coconut sugar until fluffy and doubled in volume, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in shredded coconut. Spread mixture over crust. Bake for 8 minutes. Top with peanuts and chocolate chips and bake for 3 to 5 minutes more, until filling is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Lift edges of paper and transfer to a board; cut into 25 squares.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 109
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 22 mg
- Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Sodium Content: 29 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g