Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 10 x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and mist lightly with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, mix chocolate, milk, 3 tbsp butter and vanilla.
- In a separate medium stainless steel bowl, add egg whites. With an electric hand mixer, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp cane juice and beat until glossy and stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 2 whole eggs and remaining 7 tbsp cane juice.
- With hand mixer, beat on high until pale yellow and doubled in volume, about 4 minutes. With a rubber spatula, fold in half of flour mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in half of egg whites; repeat
- with remaining half of flour and egg whites.
- Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and
- use rubber spatula to spread evenly over sheet, reaching all 4 corners. Bake for 15 to
- minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. (NOTE: Do not overbake or cake will crack.)
- Invert cake onto a clean kitchen towel dusted with flour. Peel off parchment and roll up cake from short ends using towel.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine raspberries and 1 tbsp cane juice. Heat on medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until berries break down completely and mixture becomes syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese and 1 tbsp butter. With hand mixer, beat on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add raspberry mixture and beat until well combined. Refrigerate until needed.
- Unroll cake, removing towel. Spread filling evenly over top. Starting with 1 short side, reroll into a tight cylinder. Slice crosswise into 10 slices. (TIP: If not serving immediately, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Serving Size 1 1-inch slice
- Calories 168
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 54 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 205 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g