Find more vegetarian Clean Eating recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 3 oz plain Greek yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 head cauliflower, florets only
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can unsalted chickpeas, with juices
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, basil, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk yogurt and 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp water. Fold yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined. (TIP: If too thick, add more water in 1-tbsp increments; dough should be a bit thicker than pizza dough.) Let rest.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour and turn dough out onto surface. Press into a rough disc and use a rolling pin to roll dough ½-inch thick. With a 2-inch round biscuit cutter or the rim of a small glass, cut out 12 biscuits. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat oil on medium. Add carrot and curry powder and sauté, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add broth and 3 cups water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas with juices and simmer for 5 more minutes, until carrot and cauliflower are tender. Top with cheese and cilantro and serve with biscuits.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup of soup, 3/4 oz feta, 3 biscuts
- Calories: 324
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g