- Preheat oven to 425°F.In a large bowl, mix together one-half of each oil, lime zest and juice, cilantro, cumin and salt, and all of the pepper. Add chicken; marinate for 30 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish and roast for 22 to 25 minutes, until cooked through. Cool and slice.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium, heat remaining one-half of oil. Add whites of onions; cook 3 minutes. Add remaining one-half of cumin and all of chipotle. Add rice, beans, two-thirds of garlic and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Prepare mash: Blend or mash together avocados, remaining one-half of each lime zest and juice and salt, and remaining one-third of garlic. Add a splash of water to thin, if desired.
- Divide rice and beans among bowls. Top with chicken, spinach, tomatoes, remaining one-half of cilantro, greens of onions and avocado mash.
Note: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate components separately; heat rice mixture and chicken and assemble before eating.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 640
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 125 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 57 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 318 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g