Find more dessert recipes
- Prepare cookie base: In a medium bowl using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, combine coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until fully combined, about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed and salt. Using hand mixer on medium-low, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- On a flat, dry and floured surface using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a 12 x 12-inch square.
- Prepare filling: In a small bowl, using hand mixer on medium speed, combine all filling ingredients. Spread filling evenly over square of dough. Ensure that top of dough is completely coated with filling. Roll dough into a log, wrap in parchment paper and place in the freezer for 20 minutes, until dough is firm and sliceable.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice log evenly into 24 rounds and place cookies on prepared sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Prepare icing (if using): In a food processor, add all icing ingredients plus ¼ cup water. Process until smooth. Drizzle icing over cookies. Allow to set before packaging cookies in cellophane in 2s, 3s or 4s.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 164
- Carbohydrate Content 14.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 21 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g