- Prepare oat crumble: In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, 3 tbsp maple sugar and salt until combined. Add butter and stir until moistened. Set aside.
- Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange 7 slices bread in a single layer (2 rows of 3 1/2 slices each). Top with banana slices in a single layer, then top with remaining 7 slices bread in a single layer. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. As you whisk, slowly pour in milk until combined. Whisk in vanilla, cinnamon and remaining 2 tbsp maple sugar. Pour mixture over bread, then sprinkle evenly with oat crumble. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring casserole to room temperature, up to 2 hours. Remove foil and bake until bread is puffed up and egg mixture is set (a bit of liquid in center is fine as it will firm up as it cools), about 40 minutes. (NOTE: If you skipped bringing casserole to room temperature, bake another 10 to 15 minutes.) Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size 1/12 of French toast casserole
- Calories 261
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 232 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g