"There is nothing better than a warm, comforting bowl of rice pudding on a chilly day, or when you're sick with a cold. Try this recipe when you are in the mood for something your mom used to make! The best part? It's healthy, clean and sugar-free!"
Want more like this brown rice pudding? Try this chocolate pudding recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup short-grain brown rice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/3 cup low-fat plain unsweetened soy, almond, or rice milk
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened raisins
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a Dutch oven, combine rice and salt. Add milk and cook at medium, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients, adding raisins last. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, for 10 minutes, until set. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 131
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g