- Prep Time
1/3 cup organic unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar), divided
1/3 cup full-fat sour cream
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lime zest
1½ tsp orange zest + ¼ cup fresh orange juice, divided
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1¼ cups whole-wheat pastry flour (TRY: King Arthur Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
½ tsp sea salt
2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries (thawed if frozen)
whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 4 x 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper (with a 2-inch overhang). Mist with cooking spray.
2. Using a stand mixer on medium-high, beat together butter and all but 1 tbsp cane juice until light and fluffy, 2½ minutes. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl with a rubber spatula. Add sour cream and continue beating on medium-high for 2 minutes more.
3. Add eggs, 1 at time, beating between each addition until incorporated. Beat 2 minutes longer on medium-high. Add lemon, lime and orange zests and vanilla; beat 30 seconds on medium-high to incorporate. Add flour and salt then beat for 30 seconds more.
4. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook raspberries, orange juice and remaining 1 tbsp cane juice on medium, stirring occasionally, until berries have started to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly and berries have completely broken down, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
6. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and cut into 12 slices. Serve each with 1 tbsp warm raspberry sauce and whipped cream (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 189
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 63 mg
- Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 101 mg
- Sugar Content: 13.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g