Find more winter warming drinks here!
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Juice of ½ orange juice + 1 strip orange peel (2-inch by ½-inch piece)
- 4 cups of whole milk
- ¾ cup dark cacao powder
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cinnamon stick or a ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare mulled wine: To a small pot, add all mulled wine ingredients; bring to a simmer on medium-low for 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare hot chocolate: In a medium pot on medium, whisk together milk and cacao powder until combined; whisk in ½ cup honey. Add cinnamon and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To serve, divide hot chocolate among mugs. Add 3 tbsp cooled mulled wine to each serving. (NOTE: Be mindful to add only 3 tbsp mulled wine per serving as adding too much will cause the milk to curdle.)