Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare sauce: In a small saucepan on medium, whisk 1 egg, buttermilk, arrowroot, lemon juice, oil and cayenne. Reduce heat to low and cook, whisking often, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp basil.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs: Fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches water and bring to a simmer. Crack 1 egg into a small cup. With a spoon, make a swirling motion in water and slowly add egg, using spoon to tuck egg white close to yolk. Crack remaining egg into small cup and add to water; repeat tucking motion with egg white. Cook each egg for 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove eggs from water.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add bacon and cook, turning once, until crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Remove bacon from skillet and cut each slice in half; add tomato to skillet and sear, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Top English muffin halves with bacon, tomato, egg and hollandaise, dividing evenly. Garnish with additional basil.
- Serving Size 1 egg 1/2 english muffin, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice bacon, 3 1/2 tbsp hollandaise
- Calories 251
- Carbohydrate Content 18.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 309 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 474 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g