Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Cost Per Plate: $2.13
- In a medium bowl, gently knead together chicken, 3 tbsp flour, garlic, egg, sage, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt and pinch pepper. Shape mixture into 4 1/2-inch-thick patties (NOTE: The mixture will be slightly sticky.) To a shallow bowl, add remaining 1/4 cup flour and dredge each patty in flour to coat both sides.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 tsp oil and heat on medium. Add patties and cook on 1 side until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Flip patties over and press down gently on each with a spatula. Continue cooking until bottom sides are golden brown and patties are cooked through, about 5 to 6 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush a medium skillet with remaining 1/2 tsp oil and heat on medium. Add apple, remaining 1/8 tsp salt, remaining pinch pepper, cinnamon and 1/4 cup water. Sauté, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until apples are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Divide patties among serving plates and top with apples. Drizzle with additional maple syrup (if using).
- Serving Size 1 chicken sage patty and 1/4 of apple slices
- Calories 313
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 160 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 339 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g