Find 5 Super Bowl Snacks here!
MAKE AHEAD: Make popcorn up to 4 hours in advance. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container to prevent popcorn from getting soggy.
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup of chile lime): calories: 33, total fat: 3 g, sat. fat: 2 g, carbs: 2 g, fiber: 0 g, sugars: 0 g, protein: 0 g, sodium: 47 mg, cholesterol: 5 mg
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup of maple cinnamon): calories: 37, total fat: 3 g, sat. fat: 2 g, carbs: 3 g, fiber: 0 g, sugars: 1 g, protein: 0 g, sodium: 1 mg, cholesterol: 5 mg
- Prep Time
- 12 cups (6 cups of each variety)Servings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest, plus 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple flakes
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp each ground allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- In a large pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil on medium-high. Add kernels and cover. Cook, shaking pot back and forth frequently, until popped, about 4 minutes. Divide popcorn between 2 large bowls.
- In a small pot, melt 2 tbsp butter on low. Remove from heat and stir in lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin and salt. Pour mixture over 1 popcorn bowl, tossing to coat evenly. Wipe out pot.
- In same small pot, melt remaining 2 tbsp butter on low. Add maple flakes and cook, stirring constantly until maple flakes are melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Pour mixture over the second bowl of popcorn, tossing to coat evenly.