Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find 5 Super Bowl Snacks here!
MAKE AHEAD: Make popcorn up to 4 hours in advance. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container to prevent popcorn from getting soggy.
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup of chile lime): calories: 33, total fat: 3 g, sat. fat: 2 g, carbs: 2 g, fiber: 0 g, sugars: 0 g, protein: 0 g, sodium: 47 mg, cholesterol: 5 mg
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup of maple cinnamon): calories: 37, total fat: 3 g, sat. fat: 2 g, carbs: 3 g, fiber: 0 g, sugars: 1 g, protein: 0 g, sodium: 1 mg, cholesterol: 5 mg
- In a large pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil on medium-high. Add kernels and cover. Cook, shaking pot back and forth frequently, until popped, about 4 minutes. Divide popcorn between 2 large bowls.
- In a small pot, melt 2 tbsp butter on low. Remove from heat and stir in lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin and salt. Pour mixture over 1 popcorn bowl, tossing to coat evenly. Wipe out pot.
- In same small pot, melt remaining 2 tbsp butter on low. Add maple flakes and cook, stirring constantly until maple flakes are melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Pour mixture over the second bowl of popcorn, tossing to coat evenly.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g