- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 4 slits about 1/2-inch deep lengthwise across top of beef roast. Tuck 3 cloves finely sliced garlic into slits. In a small bowl, combine cocoa powder, espresso powder, Sucanat, 2 tsp black pepper, 1 1/2 tsp salt, pepper flakes and cinnamon. Rub spice mixture over roast. Place roast in a heavy roasting pan fitted with a rack. Roast on middle rack for about 1 hour, 15 minutes for medium rare and 1 hour, 25 minutes for medium. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 to 7 minutes. (Internal temperature should reach 145°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer).
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time, bring a large pot filled halfway with water to a boil. Add green beans; boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until beans turn bright green. Drain and plunge beans immediately into a large bowl filled with ice water for 5 to 8 minutes; drain. Cut beans in half crosswise; set aside.
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add remaining sliced garlic and shallots. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cashews and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Sauté until browned, about 5 minutes more. Transfer mixture to a paper towel to drain.
- Wipe skillet clean and heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium high. Add green beans and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, until beans are heated. Transfer beans to a bowl, add shallot mixture and toss.
- Thinly slice beef and serve with green bean mixture.
- Serving Size 5 oz roast beef and 4 oz green beans
- Calories 392
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 46 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 558 mg
- Sugar Content 5.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g