Find more clean dessert recipes here.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup frozen pitted sour cherries, thawed
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar, divided
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, divided (TRY:Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can coconut cream, refrigerated for 24 hours
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 2 large nectarines or peaches, pitted and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, optional
- Coconut cream is 70% solids, so 1 can will yield enough solidified cream. If using coconut milk, you'll need 2 cans for desired volume. To ensure cream separates from the liquid, opt for pure coconut milk made without fillers such as guar gum or carrageenan.
- Chill a large mixing bowl and beaters (for a handheld electric mixer) in fridge for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine cherries and any juices with 3 tbsp sugar and set on medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved and cherries are slightly softened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla. Transfer cherry mixture to a blender and purée. Chill mixture until cooled, 15 minutes.
- Remove coconut cream from refrigerator and turn can upside down. Remove bottom lid and drain any liquid (reserve liquid for another use such as smoothies). Scrape hardened cream out into chilled bowl (this will measure about ¾ cup). Using an electric handheld mixer, beat on medium-high until doubled in volume, 4 to 5 minutes. Add remaining 3 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla and beat for 1 more minute. Fold in crème fraiche. Drizzle with cherry purée and swirl with a spoon to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and return mixture to fridge for at least 30 minutes. (MAKE AHEAD: You can make the coconut cherry cream up to 2 hours ahead. To serve, divide half the chopped nectarines among each of 6 glasses. Divide half of coconut cherry mixture among glasses over top of nectarines. Repeat layers, dividing evenly. Garnish with coconut flakes (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 22 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 18 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g