Find more chicken recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed cubed mango
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp each coconut sugar and red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp curry powder, divided
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed diced mango
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Prepare dressing: In a blender or food processor, purée all dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp water until smooth; set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, making 4 pieces. Season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk and ½ tsp curry powder. In a shallow dish, combine coconut flakes, flour and remaining 1½ tsp curry powder. Dip chicken in coconut milk, letting excess drip off, then dredge in flour mixture. Discard any remaining coconut milk and flour mixture.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add chicken pieces and cook until browned on one side, 5 minutes. Flip and reduce heat to medium. Cook until no longer pink inside, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Prepare salad: In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients; divide among plates and drizzle each with 3 tbsp dressing. Top each with one piece of chicken.
- Serving Size: 2 cups salad, 1 piece chicken, 3 tbsp dressing
- Calories: 342
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 63 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 193 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g