Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Freeze one serving of soup for later in the week; thaw and reheat when called for. Refrigerate remaining servings and reheat when called for.
This recipe is part of the “Your Quit-Sugar Meal Plan“
1. In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until translucent. Cut kernels off ears of corn. To pot, add corn kernels, garlic, curry powder, black pepper and salt. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in water, beans and coconut milk; bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in lime juice. Using an immersion blender or blender, working in batches if necessary, puree soup to desired smoothness. (NOTE: If you like some texture, remove a few ladles of soup before pureeing, then stir back into pot.)
4. Divide soup among serving bowls and garnish with cilantro, cayenne and lime zest before serving. (TIP: Cut remaining ½ lime into wedges and serve with soup.)
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 359
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 311 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g