Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a handheld electric mixer on medium until frothy and thickened, 45 to 60 seconds. (Do not over-mix.) Fold in coconut, maple syrup, almond flour and extracts until well combined.
3. Scoop 2 tbsp mixture onto prepared sheet and form into a mound. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Bake until lightly golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on sheet, about 1 hour.
5. Fill a small saucepan with 1 inch of water; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. In a heat-proof bowl, place chocolate and oil and set over saucepan, making sure bowl does not touch surface of water. Once chocolate is melted, stir to combine and remove from heat. Carefully dip bottoms of cookies into chocolate and place on a clean parchment-lined sheet. Drizzle remaining chocolate over tops of cookies. Chill until chocolate is set, 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 114
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 11 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g