Find more healthy desserts here.
- 1½ cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a small saucepan, bring coconut milk and honey to a boil, stirring to melt honey. Remove from heat. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, matcha and salt. Slowly whisk in hot coconut milk, until thoroughly combined. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a spouted measuring cup.
- Divide custard among 4 4- to 5-oz ramekins. Transfer ramekins to a large baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake custards for 28 to 32 minutes, until set but slightly jiggly. Transfer from baking dish to a wire rack. Let cool on rack for 15 minutes then refrigerate until cold, 6 hours, or overnight. If leaving overnight, cover ramekins with plastic wrap once chilled to the touch. (MAKE AHEAD: You can make the recipe up to this point up to 2 days ahead.)
- Arrange oven rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler to high. In a small bowl, mix coconut sugar with shredded coconut. Divide mixture among each custard, gently pressing into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Broil custards for 1 minute until sugar melts. As coconut can burn, check custards and return to broiler for 20 to 30 seconds more if necessary. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 ramekin
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 138 mg
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18 g
- Sodium Content: 48 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g