Coconut & Quinoa Breakfast Porridge with Fresh Fruit
Trade your oats for quinoa, the perfect base for our coconut-laced breakfast porridge topped with nuts and berries or figs.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Here’s another great breakfast idea: pumpkin pancakes!
- 3/4 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup black quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted almonds
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries or figs
- In a medium saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add cinnamon, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add quinoa and stir until evenly coated. Add coconut milk and milk. Cover and bring to a boil, then remove lid and reduce to a simmer until milk has been absorbed, about 12 minutes. Add maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Divide porridge among 4 serving bowls. Top with shredded coconut, almonds and strawberries.
- Serving Size 1/4 of quinoa porridge
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g