- Prep Time
- Makes 10 3-oz popsServings
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1 cup BPA-free canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Optional toppings: Shredded or flaked coconut, chopped nuts (such as pistachio or walnuts), orange zest or cacao nibs
1. In a blender, purée raspberries, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into 10 3-oz pop molds, insert sticks and freeze until solid, 2 to 3 hours.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, making sure bottom of bowl doesn’t touch water. Once chocolate has melted, after 2 to 3 minutes, remove bowl from heat and let chocolate cool to about 97°F, 7 to 8 minutes.
(TIP: If you don't have a thermometer, test chocolate by placing a small amount on your lip; if you don’t feel it, it is the right temperature.)
3. Remove pops from molds, dip ends into melted dark chocolate and press optional toppings of choice into chocolate. Place on prepared baking sheet. (Alternatively, remove pops from molds, place on prepared baking sheet and drizzle chocolate over top; sprinkle toppings over chocolate.) Return to freezer until set, about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: Per serving (1 pop with chocolate)
- Calories: 137
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 6 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g