- Prep Time
1 cup brown rice
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
1½ cups finely chopped broccoli
1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 cups chopped Swiss chard
1 cup sliced green onions
1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
MARINADE & SHRIMP
1 tsp lime zest + 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chile powder
½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup BPA-free canned full-fat coconut milk
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
1 tbsp arrowroot
2 tsp fish sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
½–1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a container or resealable bag, combine all marinade ingredients. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in a blender, blend all sauce ingredients until combined and smooth.
4. Prepare stir-fry: In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add mushrooms and broccoli and stir-fry until tender, 10 minutes. Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Add shrimp and bell pepper to skillet and stir-fry until shrimp is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chard, onions and sauce; stir-fry until chard is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Divide rice among 4 plates and top with stir-fry and cilantro.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 473
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 159 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 597 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g