- Prep Time
- 1 14-oz BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 red Thai chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted natural peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb split chicken wings
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken. To a large zip-top freezer bag, add wings and pour marinade over top. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Massage chicken mixture to evenly distribute marinade; place bag flat on a freezer shelf. Freeze for up to 2 months.
2. To cook: Remove bag of frozen chicken from freezer and place on a large dish; thaw in fridge, 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove wings from marinade and arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet; discard remaining marinade. Bake until wings are crispy and no longer pink inside and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the wing (without touching the bone) reads 165°F, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4 to 5 wings
- Calories: 158
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 75 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 96 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g