Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat broiler to high. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add corn and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Drain and place on a baking sheet. Add pepper to sheet and place under broiler. Cook, turning frequently, until pepper and corn have charred slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately place pepper in a heat-proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set corn aside for about 10 minutes, then use a sharp knife to remove kernels from cob. Slide skin from pepper, seed and chop finely.
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses and potato starch. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high, heat oil. Add green onions and cook, stirring frequently until softened about 1 minute. Add corn, roasted pepper, paprika, cumin and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add cheese mixture, stirring constantly until cheese melts, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a heat-proof serving bowl and top with parsley and red onion (if using).
- Serving Size 1/4 cup
- Calories 81
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 12 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 100 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g