Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more muffin recipes here.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with 6 silicone liners or grease a nonstick muffin pan. (Paper liners tend to stick, so we don’t recommend them here.)
- In a small skillet on medium, heat olive oil. Add half of scallions and zucchini, along with garlic, and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat 3 eggs, salt, pepper and half of corn. Stir cooked zucchini mixture into eggs and combine well.
- Divide egg mixture among muffin cups and bake until egg is slightly set but still slightly undercooked, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl or a blender, combine buttermilk, melted butter, remaining 1 egg and honey until well blended. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add remaining half of scallions, zucchini and corn to the batter. Gently fold until just combined.
- Spoon cornbread mixture on top of each frittata muffin, distributing evenly between them. Carefully return to oven and bake until the cornbread layer is cooked through and springs back when pressed lightly in center, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Keep in the fridge
- for up to 2 days; heat in a toaster oven at 350°F until warmed. Can also be frozen, thawed in the fridge and then heated.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 176
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 135 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 256 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g