To store soup for later, simply make a batch (or two!) and freeze or refrigerate in sealable single-serving containers – an easy meal in a cup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 12 oz extra-lean ground beef
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz fresh green beans, trimmed and broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed and patted dry
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a Dutch oven on medium-high, tilting Dutch oven to coat bottom lightly. Add beef and cook for 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Drain beef on paper towels; set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in Dutch oven on medium-high. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Add beef back to Dutch oven along with tomatoes, beans, corn, cabbage, broth and oregano. Bring mixture to a boil over same heat, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat, stir in remaining ingredients, including remaining oil, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 182
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Fiber Content: 3.5 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 413 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g