Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
To store soup for later, simply make a batch (or two!) and freeze or refrigerate in sealable single-serving containers – an easy meal in a cup.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a Dutch oven on medium-high, tilting Dutch oven to coat bottom lightly. Add beef and cook for 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Drain beef on paper towels; set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in Dutch oven on medium-high. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Add beef back to Dutch oven along with tomatoes, beans, corn, cabbage, broth and oregano. Bring mixture to a boil over same heat, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat, stir in remaining ingredients, including remaining oil, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 182
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 5.5 g
- Fiber Content 3.5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 413 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g