Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare crab cakes: In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, Dijon, panko, parsley, scallions, lemon zest, chile seasoning, paprika, salt, egg and egg white. Gently fold mixture with a rubber spatula to blend.
- To form patties, firmly pack crab mixture into a 1/4-cup measuring cup. Invert crab into your palm and press into the shape of a disk, about 1-inch thick. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining crab mixture, making about 10 patties. Cover patties with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours to firm up crab cakes.
- Meanwhile prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Stir gently to combine. May be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill; bring to room temperature before serving.
- Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper. Put flour in a wide bowl or pie plate and season with black pepper. Gently dredge each crab cake in flour and transfer to parchment. Add 1 tbsp oil to a large, heavy skillet and heat on medium. Add half of crab cakes and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate or sheet, cover with foil to keep warm and repeat with remaining 1 tbsp oil and crab cakes. Serve immediately with salsa and lemon wedges, if desired!
- Serving Size 2 crab cakes with salsa
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 122 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 445 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g