- 2 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (4 to 6 pieces), patted dry
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups cranberries (thawed if frozen)
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp peeled and minced ginger
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ lb green beans, trimmed
- ½ lb baby rainbow carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp avocado oil
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Season chicken with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Place on half of the baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries, vinegar, ginger and ¼ tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are very soft, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in honey and ¼ tsp pepper; mash cranberry mixture. Press through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Separate ¼ cup sauce into a ramekin.
3. Remove chicken from oven. Using ¼ cup reserved sauce in ramekin, brush each thigh with glaze; discard any remaining sauce from ramekin. In a large bowl, toss green beans and carrots with oil and remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Place vegetables on baking sheet beside chicken. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 165ºF, about 20 to 25 minutes (depending on size; ensure thermometer doesn’t touch the bone).
4. Let chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 485
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 180 mg
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 663 mg
- Sugar Content: 28 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g