Find more holiday recipes
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle pork all over with salt and pepper. Arrange pork, fat side up, in a roasting pan. Arrange shallots and cranberries in pan around pork. Pour broth and ½ cup cranberry juice over shallots and cranberries. Transfer to oven, immediately reduce heat to 350°F; roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze: In a small saucepan on medium-high, combine cane juice, peppercorns, allspice, cloves, cinnamon and remaining ½ cup cranberry juice. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve cane juice, and cook until mixture is reduced to ¼ cup, about 8 minutes. Strain mixture (discard whole spices); set aside.
- Brush pork with cranberry glaze and continue roasting for 20 minutes. Baste with pan juices and continue roasting and basting every 20 to 30 minutes, until an internal thermometer inserted into the centermost part of roast reads 145°F, about 1½ hours total cooking time. (NOTE: If pan gets dry, add more broth or water to maintain about 1/4 inch liquid. If pork gets too browned, loosely cover with foil.) Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a slotted spoon, transfer cranberry-shallot mixture to a serving bowl and season with additional salt.
- Slice pork crosswise and arrange on a serving platter. Serve cranberry-shallot compote on the side.
- Serving Size 5 1/2 oz meat with cranberry-shallot compote
- Calories 460
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 109 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g