- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 muffinsServings
- 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour (TRY: King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour)
- 3 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chilled organic unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped raw unsalted pecans
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup fine stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic cane sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1¼ cups prepared chunky cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
- Prepare streusel: In a medium bowl, combine flour, cane juice and cinnamon. With fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut in butter until in small ( 1/8-inch) pieces. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare muffins: In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, cane juice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. With a rubber spatula, fold in egg, buttermilk and butter just until blended. Fold in cranberry sauce; do not over-stir.
- Divide batter among wells of muffin tin. Sprinkle with streusel and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 264
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 130 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g