Serve on bagels, sandwiches or crackers or with veggies.
- Prep Time
- 2 logsServings
- 2 cups shelled raw unsalted pistachios, soaked in water for 45 minutes and drained
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 45 minutes and drained
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dried unsweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley and drained
1. To a high-powered blender, add drained pistachios and cashews and 2 cups water; blend until smooth.
2. Line a small colander with cheesecloth and add nut mixture. Place colander over a plate to catch drippings or place over the sink. Wrap cheesecloth around nut mixture, twist at the top and squeeze. Place a heavy item on the top of the nut mixture and let sit in awarm location for 1 hour (for example, near the stove if it’s on, or on top of the fridge).
3. Transfer nut mixture to a bowl and mix in remaining spread ingredients. Form into 2 logs, each about 6 inches long. Place topping ingredients on a small plate and roll logs over to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
TIP: You can save the drippings from squeezing out the nuts and use it as creamer for coffee, tea or as an addition to smoothies.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of 1 log
- Calories: 362
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 26.5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 193 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 7 g