Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve on bagels, sandwiches or crackers or with veggies.
- To a high-powered blender, add drained pistachios and cashews and 2 cups water; blend until smooth.
- Line a small colander with cheesecloth and add nut mixture. Place colander over a plate to catch drippings or place over the sink. Wrap cheesecloth around nut mixture, twist at the top and squeeze. Place a heavy item on the top of the nut mixture and let sit in awarm location for 1 hour (for example, near the stove if it’s on, or on top of the fridge).
- Transfer nut mixture to a bowl and mix in remaining spread ingredients. Form into 2 logs, each about 6 inches long. Place topping ingredients on a small plate and roll logs over to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
TIP: You can save the drippings from squeezing out the nuts and use it as creamer for coffee, tea or as an addition to smoothies.
- Serving Size 1/4 of 1 log
- Calories 362
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26.5 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 193 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g