Makes: 2 cups
Hands-on time: 17 minutes
Total time: 3 hours, 17 minutes (includes chilling time)
- 12 oz cranberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cranberries break down, apples soften and mixture thickens (sauce will continue to thicken slightly as it chills). Stir often to prevent sticking on bottom of pan. Transfer to a serving dish or storage container, cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
Nutrients per 3-tbsp serving: Calories: 84, Total Fat: 0 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 21 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 0 g, Sodium: 24 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Cranberry sauce keeps up to 5 days, covered, in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature to serve.