Nutritional Bonus: While tea, red wine, cacao and cocoa powder may all do wonders when it comes to satisfying your soul (and taste buds), they may also play a hand in strengthening your heart. They're all rich in catechins, a type of flavonoid that has been found to help reduce blood pressure while lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol and increasing HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain cream cheese
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp dark cocoa powder (70% cocoa or greater)
- 12 natural graham crackers (TRY: Health Valley Organic Oat Bran Graham Crackers)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and honey; mix until smooth. Stir in cocoa powder and mix until almost completely blended, leaving a few white and brown streaks for presentation.
- Spread about 1 1/2 tsp cream cheese mixture onto each graham cracker. Arrange crackers on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until warm and soft.
- Remove crackers from oven and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs, dividing evenly, and serve warm. Enjoy open-faced or sandwich 2 crackers together for a more traditional treat.
- Serving Size: 4 crackers and 5 tsp filling
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 85 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g