Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: While tea, red wine, cacao and cocoa powder may all do wonders when it comes to satisfying your soul (and taste buds), they may also play a hand in strengthening your heart. They’re all rich in catechins, a type of flavonoid that has been found to help reduce blood pressure while lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol and increasing HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and honey; mix until smooth. Stir in cocoa powder and mix until almost completely blended, leaving a few white and brown streaks for presentation.
- Spread about 1 1/2 tsp cream cheese mixture onto each graham cracker. Arrange crackers on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until warm and soft.
- Remove crackers from oven and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs, dividing evenly, and serve warm. Enjoy open-faced or sandwich 2 crackers together for a more traditional treat.
- Serving Size 4 crackers and 5 tsp filling
- Calories 130
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 5.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 85 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g