Tomatoes are high in the antioxidant lycopene, which aids in the prevention of certain types of cancers.
- Prep Time
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 sweet onions, roughly chopped
- 1 head garlic, top sliced off to expose cloves
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil, divided
- 2 14.5-oz BPA-free cans unsalted diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 13.5-oz BPA-free cans full-fat coconut milk
- whole-grain baguette, for serving, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. To a large roasting pan, add carrots, onions, garlic and rosemary. Drizzle 2 tbsp oil over top. Roast for 45 minutes.
2. In a large stockpot on medium-high, add remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add roasted vegetables, making sure to remove peel from garlic and stems from rosemary sprigs. Add tomatoes and salt and bring to a simmer, for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk then purée in pot using a handheld immersion blender. Bring to a simmer, about 4 minutes, then remove from heat. Serve with baguette (if using).
- Serving Size: 1/8 of soup
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 17.5 g
- Fat Content: 26 g
- Fiber Content: 2.5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18.5 g
- Sodium Content: 532 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g