Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Tomatoes are high in the antioxidant lycopene, which aids in the prevention of certain types of cancers.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. To a large roasting pan, add carrots, onions, garlic and rosemary. Drizzle 2 tbsp oil over top. Roast for 45 minutes.
2. In a large stockpot on medium-high, add remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add roasted vegetables, making sure to remove peel from garlic and stems from rosemary sprigs. Add tomatoes and salt and bring to a simmer, for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk then purée in pot using a handheld immersion blender. Bring to a simmer, about 4 minutes, then remove from heat. Serve with baguette (if using).
- Serving Size 1/8 of soup
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 17.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 18.5 g
- Sodium Content 532 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g