Did you enjoy this carrot and ginger soup? Find more soup recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 oz roasted unsalted cashews, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- In a large saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add broth, 2 cups water, beans, carrots, bay leaves and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Using an immersion blender, purée soup. (TIP: Alternatively, carefully transfer to an upright blender, remove plastic stopper from lid and cover top with a towel to allow steam to escape.) Divide among serving bowls and top with cashews and chives.
- Serving Size: 1 cup soup with garnishes
- Calories: 194
- Carbohydrate Content: 26.5 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 158 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g