Nutritional Bonus: Hearing that breads and grains are rich in niacin is no surprise, but tuna is also an exceptionally rich source of the B vitamin – in fact, a mere 3 ounces contains 56% of your daily niacin need. Add the whole-grain pasta, and each serving of this recipe offers you 65% of your daily dose of the digestion-enhancing vitamin.
COST PER SERVING
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spirals and cook according to package directions. Drain well and transfer spirals to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare creamed corn: Grate corn using a box grater, catching kernels and milky liquid in grater. Scoop corn and liquid into a medium nonstick skillet. Add garlic and place on medium heat. Stir in 1/4 cup water. Once corn starts to steam slightly, continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic softens. Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese.
- To bowl with spirals, add pepper, tuna, oil, salt and corn mixture. Toss well to combine. If desired, garnish with parsley just before serving.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 430
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 290 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g