You may also garnish with chervil and diced fingerling potatoes that have been sautéed until crispy to give the soup some texture.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or safflower oil, which is neutral in flavor and color)
- 6 oz royal trumpet mushrooms, sliced (or shiitake mushrooms)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, plus additional for garnish
- 2 oz white wine
- Heat a large pot on medium. Add oil and sauté mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove several mushrooms and set aside for garnish.
- Add onion and garlic and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add thyme and deglaze with wine.
- Add 3 cups water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place mixture in a blender and purée until very smooth. Adjust seasoning as necessary, garnish with reserved mushroom and additional thyme.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 37 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g