Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
You may also garnish with chervil and diced fingerling potatoes that have been sautéed until crispy to give the soup some texture.
- Heat a large pot on medium. Add oil and sauté mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove several mushrooms and set aside for garnish.
- Add onion and garlic and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add thyme and deglaze with wine.
- Add 3 cups water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place mixture in a blender and purée until very smooth. Adjust seasoning as necessary, garnish with reserved mushroom and additional thyme.
- Serving Size 6 oz
- Calories 214
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 37 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g