1. In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt butter on low. Add leek and cook, stirring often to prevent butter from browning, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups broth, cauliflower, ground turmeric and ½ tsp pepper. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to a small food processor, add all pesto ingredients. Process for 30 seconds until blended but coarse. Transfer to a small bowl.
4. Add asparagus to soup and cook just until tender and bright green, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer soup, in batches if necessary, to a blender and purée until very smooth, adding as much of the remaining broth as necessary to thin to desired texture. Season with ½ tsp salt. Divide among bowls and garnish each with Turmeric Pesto.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 10.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 484 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g