- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add celery, onion and bell pepper and sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir until coated and thickened, about 45 seconds.
- Cut corn kernels off cobs, reserving cobs. Add corn cobs, broth, milk, coriander and thyme to pot. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn kernels and sweet potato. Continue to cook until sweet potato is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and discard corn cobs. Stir in half-and-half, salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare garlic crostini: Rub cut sides of whole garlic over outside of bread. Slice bread thinly and drizzle with oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake until just crisp. Serve crostini with chowder.
- Serving Size 1 1/3 c chowder, 1/4 of crostini
- Calories 369
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 595 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g