Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more sauce recipes here.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a medium bowl, add broccoli and 1 tbsp oil. Toss until broccoli is coated and then evenly distribute onto baking sheet. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until broccoli is green with some roasted brown spots. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to a blender, add remaining ¼ cup oil, carrots, onions, cashews, yeast, coconut aminos, garlic, salt and 2 cups water and process until completely smooth.
- To a medium saucepan over medium-high, add cashew sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 9 to 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Stir in roasted broccoli. If storing, let sauce cool then transfer to a Mason jar and refrigerate. This sauce will keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 267
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 397 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g