Find more vegetarian recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground caraway
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill, divided
- 8 oz whole-grain bow-tie pasta
- In a blender, combine cashews, lemon juice and ½ cup hot (not boiling) water. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and salt and sauté until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in tomato paste and caraway. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add wine; cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan, until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth, paprika and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cashew mixture and 3 tbsp dill; heat through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package instructions. Drain and divide among plates. Top with mushroom mixture, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp dill.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 406
- Carbohydrate Content: 58 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 477 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2.5 g