Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more vegetarian recipes.
- In a blender, combine cashews, lemon juice and ½ cup hot (not boiling) water. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and salt and sauté until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in tomato paste and caraway. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add wine; cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan, until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth, paprika and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cashew mixture and 3 tbsp dill; heat through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package instructions. Drain and divide among plates. Top with mushroom mixture, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp dill.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 406
- Carbohydrate Content 58 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 477 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g