Find more like this cauliflower potato soup here.
Nutritional Bonus: Cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, contains an array of phytonutrients including beta-carotene, quercetin and ferulic acid, all of which help reduce oxidative stress in the body.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Russet or Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 3 1/4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper, plus additional to taste (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 1-oz slices all-natural, nitrite-free turkey bacon (TRY: Applegate Organic Turkey Bacon)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-low. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add potato, cauliflower, broth, 1 cup water and pepper and increase heat to bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender, 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mist a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add bacon and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through to desired crispness. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Chop and set aside.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. (Alternatively, carefully transfer soup to a blender, in batches if necessary, remove plastic stopper from lid, cover with a kitchen towel and purée until smooth; return to saucepan.) Place saucepan on low and stir in 1/4 cup cheese until melted. Season with additional pepper, if desired. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, bacon and scallions, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 1 cup soup, 1 tbsp cheese, 1 tbsp turkey bacon, 2 tsp scallions
- Calories: 204
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 260 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g